Halloween: 14 Best Pet Costumes (including Cutest, Sassiest, Silliest, and What In The Heck Is That? )
This is a wonderful year to be judging Halloween pet costumes. My gosh, the dog, cat, ferret and bird costumes are even cuter than they were last Halloween. This year, Lady Bee was barely able to pare the awards down to 14. Some of the award categories are Lady Bee's Best Couple In A Famous Movie, Scariest Cat, Most Devilish Dog, Best Human Impersonator and, of course, the What In The Heck Is That? category.
And for the first award...
1. Lady Bee's Most Realistic Pet Costume Award
2. Lady Bee's Best Couple In A Famous Movie Costume Award
3. Lady Bee's Scariest Cat Costume Award
Bat Cat Costume
4. Lady Bee's Most Community Conscious Pet Costume
5. Lady Bee's Best Impersonation Of A Human Pet Costume Award
6. Lady Bee's Sassiest Pet Costume Award
7. Lady Bee's Cutest Pet Costume Award
8. Lady Bee's Most Devilish Pet Costume Award
9. Lady Bee's Handsomest Pet Costume Award
10. Lady Bee's Silliest Pet Costume Award
11. Lady Bee's Best Ferret Costume Awards
12. Lady Bee's Best Lady Bee Award
13. Lady Bee's Most Adorable Large Dog Costume Award
14. Lady Bee's 'What The Heck Is That?' Pet Costume Award
Oh, I could go on and on. There are some truly neat costumes out there. Shop early for the ones that match your own pets' personalities!
One more thing.....
(reprinted from 2007 column)
Lady Bee's Halloween Safe Tips For You And Your Pets
- An all-dog Halloween party, wherever dogs assemble in your area would probably be the most fun for her and for you.
- If your pet accompanies you Trick-or-Treating or stays home and greets Trick-or-Treaters at the door, keep him leashed.
- If your pet is aggressive or shows aggression at any time, take him away from others at this time. If he shows fear or barks a lot when he sees costumed youngsters or adults, take him home or away from the door.
- Don't allow your pet to be approached until others, especially children, know how to approach her.
- Don't let your pet accept food from anyone, until you have inspected it, or not at all. Don't allow him sweets of any kind, especially chocolate.
Have a happy and safe Halloween with your pets!
That's the buzz for today!