Not to be outdone by Dog Shaming, Cat Shaming is another Tumblr site that collects pet shaming photos and videos. Cat owners post signs or captions about why their cats should feel shame, but the attached images belie the statements. Even if dogs pretend shame just to placate their owners - Who can punish such a sad-looking dog? He knows he did wrong. - cats are not shamed, nor do they know how to pretend to feel shame. Nevertheless, the opportunities are there to create some fun images and captions at Cat Shaming.
Cat Shaming's a new social media site for those whose cats deserve to feel ashamed even if they don't. Like Dog Shaming, it's not about abuse. It's about playfully pairing a photo of your cat with a sign that says why she's a bad cat and deserves to feel shame. Very few cat images look like the cat is even aware of having done anything, but they're cute!
Here are some I thought were fun! (Captions are mine.)
1. "Mia" should have been a politician....
2. These are not 'crimes,' they are innate traits of cats... aren't they?
4. How could this innocent cat... Wait a minute, there's no such thing as an innocent cat!
5. The war of the house pets....
6. Here's a cat who won't let his 'mum' do anything that takes attention away from him....
Cat Shaming and Dog Shaming are both super sites to experiment with photography and captions. Exercise your humor and your creativity. (See: Dog Shaming Without Guilt: New, Fun Social Media For Frustrated Dog Owners)
That's the buzz for today!