An animatronic T-Rex at a Colorado theme park finally joined his flesh & blood kin on the ash heap of history after a (Jurassic) spark set off a roaring conflagration of fire and fury.

Theme Park's T-Rex Goes Up In Flames

Zach and Carman Reynolds, owners of the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience in Canon City, Colorado aren't blaming a wayward asteroid for turning their star animatronic attraction (shown above in better days) into something resembling a fire-breathing dragon. You can watch a short video (vertical, unfortunately – come on, people!) of the spectacular immolation here.    

Theme Park's T-Rex Goes Up In Flames

"We always knew T-Rex had a temper but today he blew his top," the owners stated on the park's Facebook account. "There was an unfortunate (and rare) electrical issue with our mighty T-Rex and he is no longer. You might even say... extinct." Heh, maybe Gary Larson was right – "smoking" really was the real reason the dinosaurs went extinct. We're looking at you, Pinkie.

Theme Park's T-Rex Goes Up In Flames

No one suffered any injuries from the fire (the dino excluded) thanks to quick action by park staff members who ensured guests were kept at a safe distance. "Safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance,” explained the owners, “and we assure everyone that we are perfectly safe."

Theme Park's T-Rex Goes Up In Flames

As for the irreparably charred T-Rex, well, he won't be rising phoenix-like from the ashes. Instead, the park owners hope to obtain a replacement T-Rex "as soon as possible." History repeats: mammals will once again replace the dinosaurs!

Comments

Share Your Thoughts!