Mark your calendars for a pet tech trade show like no other, coming up June 18-20, 2019. With technological advancements developing daily, and with pet owners always on the look-out for the next shiny thing, pet software is swiftly trending upwards. In fact, according to Consumer Technology Association, retail products — that include interactive toys, automated feeders, apps, pet GPS and grooming devices and more — are poised to generate $233 million in revenue in the U.S this year, up 18 percent over 2017.
The Cat's Out Of The Bag
What do you get when you put 21,000+ pet professionals from around the world together with over 1,100 exhibitors in nearly 300,000 square feet of expo space? North America’s premier pet industry trade show called "SuperZoo" . . . that's what!
This event has been named one of Trade Show Executive (TSE) magazine’s Fastest Growing 50. It sets the industry standard for showcasing the latest pet product innovations and emerging industry trends.
SuperZoo’s impressive growth is evidence that the outlook for pet retail, while competitive, is still very positive,” said Jacinthe Moreau, World Pet Association (WPA) president.
“SuperZoo 2018 was dedicated to ensuring that pet retailers and service professionals had access to concrete education, networking opportunities, innovative products and emerging trends. WPA is committed to supporting the industry year-round and we are eager to unveil state-of-the-art programs and service offerings in the coming year. As the industry grows, so does our commitment to championing the needs of consumer-facing pet businesses.”
SuperZoo 2018 show highlights included:
- Nearly 1,200 exhibitors showcasing thousands of the most innovative products for pet lovers, including nearly 630 new products launched in SuperZoo’s New Product Showcase
- Brand-new show floor features to dazzle the industry including the Pet Tech Center featuring 20 innovative and smart products and the Made in the USA Showcase, highlighting more than 130 U.S.-made offerings
- Industry-leading education sessions, kicking off with Retail Monday, tailored specifically toward retailers looking to maximize their time and value onsite
- More than 70 education sessions throughout the show and on the show floor, covering the full spectrum of timely topics and best practices, from core business to softer skills –from retail to grooming, animal wellness to boarding and pet services
- World-class grooming competitions awarding more than $51,000 in prize money and equipment
- Pet Yoga and the Dog Petting Lounge provided an engaging interactive experience with the added opportunity to network with passionate pet industry professionals
Bigger and Better in 2019
SuperZoo returns to Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas next year, June 18-20 with educational workshops starting June 17. Registration is expected to open as early as January 2019. Keep on a look out here. See you there, fellow pet parents!
Prumary Source: SuperZoo