You may not like the smell, but these fishy cod treats are for dogs, and dogs LOVE them!
Well, let me not overstate this: there may be a few dogs that don't like them. But those dogs are rare. So if you are not allowing your dog to at least try these delicacies, it's because you don't like the smell of fish. It's okay. Understandable.
The thing about these treats is that they offer qualities that most dog treats don't offer.
- Fish skin treats are healthy, containing very high amounts of natural antioxidants and vitamins that dogs need, like the Omega 3's and 6's and the DHA's.
- Fish skin treats are dried and chewy or crunchy, so they can easily substitute for baked treats which may be crunchy, but not nearly so healthy.
- Fish skin treats are generally one ingredient products, so you don't need to worry about fillers. Make it simple.
- Even though you think of fish skin as being fatty, these dried fish skins are very low in fat!
- The fish skin treats I list below are from wild-caught, sustainable sources, and are made in the U.S.
Here are my 3 top cod skin picks! (no particular order - they're all great!)
I like these Pure Cod Skin Treats for all the right reasons you can see above in the image - those things that are left out! They are great for medium to large dogs who like to crunch. The manufacturer, Pure Paw Nutrition, rolls up the skins into small rounds, so there are no sharp edges in these treats, but they still scratch the surface of your dog's teeth while he crunches so there's some good abrasion to help keep your dog's teeth clean.
Tickled Pet Cod Fish Skins are wild caught in Iceland and air-dried so they have a chewy texture. These chewys may be quite a bit healthier and safer than some of the bones and chew sticks on the market for dogs. Surely, they will be more satisfying. This product is a one-ingredient dental chew that is 80 percent protein and only 4 percent fat!
Polka Dog Cod Skins are caught in the wild waters off the coasts of New England and Alaska and dehydrated in Polka Dog's South Boston kitchens. Dehydration, as opposed to air drying, makes this one-ingredient product crunchy, as opposed to chewy, so these are perfect snacks for cats, as well as dogs. Each stick can be broken up into three or four pieces to make them last longer. Polka Dog Cod Skins are available in a 4.7 ounce bag (above) and in a one-pound bag and two-pound bag.
Start substituting your dog's baked treats, even just once a day, with these really healthy and yummy cod skins, and add some tasty fish oils to her food daily to keep her brain, body, skin and fur in optimum shape.
That's the buzz for today!